On July 2, 2020, Governor Michael Parson announced the Rapid Broadband Deployment Initiative with six different programs all designed to assist residents in the ability to access and connect to high speed internet. The announcement included a total of nearly $50 million from the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) that will accelerate connectivity and improve resiliency as Missourians grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emergency Broadband Investment Program
Included in those programs was the Emergency Broadband Investment Program, which will provide up to $20 million in grants to reimburse providers that have expanded, or plan to connect, high-speed internet (25 Megabits per second / 3 Megabits per second or greater) to new subscribing residents in unserved or underserved areas in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Program guidelines, application, and supporting materials can be downloaded here. For additional resources on broadband coverage visit the Broadband Grant website under ‘program documents.’
To watch a recording of the webinar presented on July 2, 2020, click here. To view or download the slideshow used for the presentation, click here.
For broadband questions or more information, contact Tim Arbeiter, Director of Broadband Development, Missouri Department of Economic Development, at email@example.com.
Program Document Upload
The FTP is a file system that allows you to send large documents that are too big to go through email. To upload a file to the Broadband FTP, please click the link above and enter the username and password provided below:
Need help? Click here.
Applicants eligible for grant awards include:
- Corporations, or their affiliates, registered in this state;
- Incorporated businesses or partnerships in this state;
- Limited liability companies registered in this state;
- Nonprofit organizations registered in this state;
- Political subdivisions; and
- Rural electric cooperatives organized under chapter 394 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri (RSMo) and the broadband affiliates of these rural electric cooperatives.