As the state’s number one incentive tool for expansion and retention, this program helps businesses access capital through withholdings or tax credits to embark on facility expansions and create jobs. This program can also help businesses purchase equipment to maintain its facility in Missouri. Looking for cutting-edge training programs that will get your workforce up to speed? Learn more about our premier workforce training program, Missouri Works Training.
If you’re struggling to meet your Missouri Works program commitments due to the global pandemic, a statutory waiver approved by Governor Mike Parson may allow you to submit a new request for benefits rather than being disqualified from the program.
To submit a waiver request, click here.
To learn more about the COVID-19 waiver or view our Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Upload Program Documents
The FTP is a file system that allows you to send large documents that are too big to go through email. Sending documents through FTP can also help you save space in your inbox!
To upload a file, please click the following link and enter the username and password provided below:
When saving information to the FTP site, please save applicable items as follows:
Company Name- Notice of Intent
Company Name- VET
Company Name- VET EE SS
Company Name- Annual Verification
Company Name- Annual Verification EE SS
Company Name- Tax Clearance
Need help? Click here.
A notification email confirming receipt will be sent to the email address listed in the application within 3 business days.
The original Application and attachments should be mailed to the address below:
Department of Economic Development
PO Box 118
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- For-Profit or non-profit businesses.
- Gambling establishments, store front consumer-based retail trade establishments, food and drinking places, public utilities, educational serviwces, religious organizations, public administration, ethanol distillation or production, biodiesel production, or healthcare and social services.
- Businesses that are delinquent in payment of any nonprotested taxes or other payments (state, federal, local).
- Businesses that have filed for or have publicly announced their intention to file for bankruptcy, unless certain requirements are met.
- Businesses that are relocating jobs from Johnson, Miami, or Wyandotte counties in Kansas to Jackson, Platte, Clay or Cass counties in Missouri. However, net new jobs created above a qualified company’s base employment may be eligible for benefits.
Note: Headquarters, administrative, or research and development offices of otherwise excluded businesses may be eligible if the predominant function of such offices is to serve a multistate territory.
|Program||Minimum New Jobs||Minimum New Private Capital Investment||Minimum Average Wage||Automatic Benefit|
|2||$100,000||80% of County Av. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|2||$100,000||90% of County Avg. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|Statewide Works||10||N/A||90% of County Avg. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|100||N/A||120% of County Avg. Wage||6% of new payroll, 5 or 6
years (Note 3)
|100||N/A||140% of County Avg. Wage||7% of new payroll, 5 or 6
years (Note 3)
|Qualilfied Military Projects||10||Real or personal property amount as outlined in the proposal||90% of County Avg. Wage||Tax credits equal to the estimated WH taxes for a term up to 15 years. Must receive a proposal for benefits.|
- "WH” means the retention of the state withholding tax of the new jobs
- Note 1: Project facility must be located in an Enhanced Enterprise Zone.
- Note 2: Project facility must be located in a “rural” county, which would NOT include Boone, Buchanan, Clay, Greene, Jackson, St. Charles, and St. Louis City and County
- Note 3: Benefit period is 5 years, or 6 years for existing Missouri companies (those that have been operational in Missouri for at least 10 years).