As the state’s number one incentive tool for expansion and retention, this program helps businesses access capital through withholdings or tax credits to embark on facility expansions and create jobs. This program can also help businesses purchase equipment to maintain its facility in Missouri. Looking for cutting-edge training programs that will get your workforce up to speed? Learn more about our premier workforce training program, Missouri Works Training.
- For-Profit or non-profit businesses.
- Not Eligible: Gambling establishments, store front consumer-based retail trade establishments, food and drinking places, public utilities, educational services, religious organizations, public administration, ethanol distillation or production, biodiesel production, or healthcare and social services.
- Not Eligible: Businesses that are delinquent in payment of any nonprotested taxes or other payments (state, federal, local).
- Not Eligible: Businesses that have filed for or have publicly announced their intention to file for bankruptcy, unless certain requirements are met.
- Eligible: Headquarters, administrative, or research and development offices of otherwise excluded businesses that serve a multi-state area.
|Program||Minimum New Jobs||Minimum New Private Capital Investment||Minimum Average Wage||Automatic Benefit|
|2||$100,000||80% of County Av. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|2||$100,000||90% of County Avg. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|Statewide Works||10||N/A||90% of County Avg. Wage||WH, 5 or 6 years (Note 3)|
|100||N/A||120% of County Avg. Wage||6% of new payroll, 5 or 6
years (Note 3)
|100||N/A||140%||7% of new payroll, 5 or 6
years (Note 3)
- WH” means the retention of the state withholding tax of the new jobs
- Note 1: Project facility must be located in an Enhanced Enterprise Zone.
- Note 2: Project facility must be located in a “rural” county, which would NOT include Boone, Buchanan, Clay, Greene, Jackson, St. Charles, and St. Louis City and County
- Note 3: Benefit period is 5 years, or 6 years for existing Missouri companies (those that have been operational in Missouri for at least 10 years).