Missouri's Low-Cost Business Climate and Incentives Help You Build Your Business
The Missouri Advantage stems partly from the low operating costs that give businesses in Missouri a greater return on investment. Because of the Missouri Advantage, companies like Motomco and Murphy Warehouse have recently expanded here.
- 3 Foreign Trade Zones located in Springfield, St. Louis, and Kansas City.
- Missouri has the 8th Best Highway Cost Effectiveness.
- $4.1 Billion on average in cargo annually moved on Missouri waterways.
- 19 Freight railroads totaling over 4,000 miles.
- 5th Lowest gasoline and 4th lowest diesel in the U.S.
- Missouri is committed to the transportation and logistics industry and offers numerous tax and financing incentive programs.
Missouri's Tax Climate Increases Your Return on Investment
During the last three decades, one key factor in keeping the cost of doing business in Missouri low has been our ability to ensure that our tax burden is as small as possible. Missouri’s low tax burden continues to be a key factor in helping Missouri businesses grow.
|State Business Tax Climate Index Rankings 2012|
|Source: Tax Foundation's State Business Tax Climate Index|
|State||Overall Rank||Corporate Tax Rank||Individual Income Tax Rank||Sales Tax Rank||Unemployment Insurance Tax Rank||Property Tax Rank|