Job Posting - Workforce Development Specialist I
Rolla Job Center - 706 South Bishop, Suite A, Rolla, MO 65401
|TRAVEL||Occasional overnight travel required|
|CLOSING DATE||January 22, 2019|
Interested candidates should:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Proactively coordinate with partners to provide comprehensive services to job seekers and employers.
- Provide programmatically specific services such as: Trade Act, RESEA, RJS, SkillUp, and other re-employment programs as needed.
- Accept and record job orders from employers.
- Pre-screen applicants meeting the employer order specifications and make appropriate referrals to employers.
- May facilitate workshops for job seekers.
- Assist job seekers with automated job searches.
- Classify all job orders and applicants’ qualifications using skill codes.
- Contact employers, identify their labor needs and problems, and develop a plan of service.
- Inform employers and community organizations of Job Center services; attend and conduct Job Fairs.
- Develop job opportunities with employers for qualified job seekers.
- Provide basic vocational and career guidance to job seekers regarding job choice, job change, or job adjustment and retention, as well as, resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- Assist applicants in evaluating their vocational needs and formulate a vocational plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Customer Service
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication
- Computer Literacy
- Strategic Thinking
- Interviewing Techniques
- Vocational Guidance & Counseling
- Problem Solving
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 24 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Labor Economics, Education, Business, Personnel, or Public Administration, or a closely related field.
(Experience in the areas described below may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required education).