Job Posting - Senior Auditor
421 E. Dunklin, Jefferson City, MO 65101
|CLOSING DATE||January 25, 2019|
Interested candidates should:
Send cover letter, current resume, transcripts, and contact information for 3 professional references to fax number (573) 522-9814 or via email to HRHelpDesk@ded.mo.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019. Please include the position title and location when submitting your information. to fax number (573) 522-9814 or via email to HRHelpDesk@ded.mo.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019. Please include the position title and location when submitting your information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Develop, organize and plan all monitoring functions for subrecipient contracts, to include scheduling onsite visits
- Prep for the financial monitoring visits to ensure all selected documents were obtained and all necessary information is available during the visit
- Maintain log of schedule with dates of visits, dates letters sent, date of report, issues, correct action response dates, and acceptance letter dates to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Evaluate internal controls and review source documentation.Review for allowable activities and compliance with Uniform Guidance as well as all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Review policies/procedures and test for compliance
- Write up conclusions of monitoring visits to include any Findings of non-compliance and questioned costs, update log, evaluate corrective actions plans, and send acceptance letters to corrective action plans, or request more information
- Provide technical assistance and training to subrecipients; interpret and explain complex federal/state/local rules and regulations and their application
- Reconcile Single Audits of subrecipients to reported expenditures; work with subrecipients to resolve any Findings identified within the audits; maintain log of Audit Tracking forms
- Assist Financial section with various duties to include preparation of the Schedule of Expenditures for Federal Awards (SEFA); work up annual allocation of federal Formula funds; review expenditures/obligations and request spending plans; assist in maintenance of Financial Manual and the Division’s Internal Control Plan
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other related work as assigned
- Financial Management
- Technical Knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Written/Verbal Communication
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Oriented
One or more years of experience as an Auditor II with the Missouri Uniform Classification and Pay System.
A degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of in Accounting; , of professional auditing experience.
Successful completion of all parts of one of the following certification examinations: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA); and, two or more years of professional auditing or accounting experience.
Possession of a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license; or Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certificate.
(24 earned graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in Accounting may substitute for a maximum of one year of the required experience.)
(One additional year of professional accounting or auditing experience will substitute for up to 9 earned credit hours of the required specialization in Accounting.)