Job Posting - Economic Development Incentive Specialist
Business Development Unit - MO Technology Corporation
$33,276 - $44,352 (based upon credentials)
|CLOSING DATE||January 25, 2019|
Interested candidates should:
Send cover letter, current resume, transcripts, and contact information for 3 professional references to fax number (573) 522-9814 or via email to Laura.Hoskins@ded.mo.gov. on January 25, 2019. Please include the position title and location when submitting your information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Review applications for MTC programs including the IDEA Fund co-investment program and Missouri Building Entrepreneurial Capacity program
- Coordinate and perform due diligence review of MTC portfolio company investments, including review of company organizational documents and legal analysis prepared by MTC’s outside legal counsel
- Review and negotiate transaction documents and agreements to complete MTC IDEA Fund investments
- Serve as the MTC point of contact, including as the MTC board observer representative, for assigned MTC portfolio companies
- Analyze, recommend and implement resolutions to ongoing issues that may arise with MTC portfolio company investments including compliance and sustainability issues
- Monitor and track compliance of MTC portfolio companies pursuant to requirements contained in investment documents
- Prepare and provide reports, briefings and other information to the MTC Board of Directors
- Coordinate the collection and compilation of MTC performance metrics for MTC portfolio companies and grantees
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and feedback to MTC entrepreneurs and startup company clients
- Work with the MTC team to identify and develop solutions for areas of improvement to MTC programs and policies
- Work with local and regional community partners to advance mutual priorities and objectives
- Represent MTC at various community events and conferences
- Ability to demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis in financial analysis
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Independent judgement
- Attention to detail
- Customer–focused mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
(I – Level) Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with minimum of 24 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, marketing, economics, business or public administration, or a closely related field.
(II – Level) Required bachelor’s degree with two or more years of professional experience in finance, accounting, marketing, loan, grant or tax administration, community or economic development or business management.
(III – Level) Required bachelor’s degree with four or more years of professional experience in finance, accounting, marketing, loan, grant or tax administration, community or economic development or business management.