Job Posting - Economic Development Incentive Specialist
Business Development Unit - MO Technology Corporation
$33,276 - $44,352 (based upon credentials)
|CLOSING DATE||Open Until Filled|
Interested candidates should:
Send cover letter, current resume, transcripts, and contact information for 3 professional references to fax number (573) 522-9814 or via email to Laura.Hoskins@ded.mo.gov. .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Review applications for MTC programs including the IDEA Fund co-investment program and Missouri Building Entrepreneurial Capacity program
- Coordinate and perform due diligence review of MTC portfolio company investments, including review of company organizational documents and legal analysis prepared by MTC’s outside legal counsel
- Review and negotiate transaction documents and agreements to complete MTC IDEA Fund investments
- Serve as the MTC point of contact, including as the MTC board observer representative, for assigned MTC portfolio companies
- Analyze, recommend and implement resolutions to ongoing issues that may arise with MTC portfolio company investments including compliance and sustainability issues
- Monitor and track compliance of MTC portfolio companies pursuant to requirements contained in investment documents
- Prepare and provide reports, briefings and other information to the MTC Board of Directors
- Coordinate the collection and compilation of MTC performance metrics for MTC portfolio companies and grantees
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and feedback to MTC entrepreneurs and startup company clients
- Work with the MTC team to identify and develop solutions for areas of improvement to MTC programs and policies
- Work with local and regional community partners to advance mutual priorities and objectives
- Represent MTC at various community events and conferences
- Ability to demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis in financial analysis
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding collaboration skills
- Independent judgement
- Attention to detail
- Customer–focused mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
(I – Level) Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with minimum of 24 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, marketing, economics, business or public administration, or a closely related field.
(II – Level) Required bachelor’s degree with two or more years of professional experience in finance, accounting, marketing, loan, grant or tax administration, community or economic development or business management.
(III – Level) Required bachelor’s degree with four or more years of professional experience in finance, accounting, marketing, loan, grant or tax administration, community or economic development or business management.