Job Posting - Miscellaneous Professional
This is a temporary, hourly position not to exceed 1,000 hours within a rolling calendar year. This position is NOT benefit eligible.
Arnold Job Center - 3675 W. Outer Rd., Suite 102, Arnold, MO 63010
|CLOSING DATE||January 15, 2019|
Interested candidates should:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Proactively coordinate with partners to provide comprehensive services to job seekers and employers.
- Provide programmatically specific services such as: RESEA, SkillUp, Wagner Peyser, and other re-employment programs as needed.
- Accept and record job orders from employers.
- Pre-screen applicants meeting the employer order specifications and make appropriate referrals to employers.
- May facilitate workshops for job seekers.
- Assist job seekers with their MoJobs registration, job search activities, applications for employment and related items, and assessments, including, but not limited to WorkKeys.
- Make referrals to community resources, as appropriate.
- Classify all job orders and applicant qualifications using skill codes.
- Attend and conduct hiring events.
- Provide basic vocational and career guidance to applicants regarding: job choice, job change, or job adjustment problems, resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- Assist applicants in evaluating their vocational needs and formulate a vocational plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Customer Service
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication
- Computer Literacy
- Strategic Thinking
- Interviewing Techniques
- Problem Solving
- Vocational Guidance & Counseling
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 24 earned credit hours in one or a combination of the following: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Labor Economics, Education, Business, Personnel, or Public Administration, or a closely related field. (Experience in the areas described below may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required education.)