|TITLE||Economic Impact Research (Planner III) – Economic Research Group|
|LOCATION||Division of Business and Community Services – MO Economic Research & Information Center (MERIC)|
(based on credentials)
|$44,352 - $71,016|
November 30, 2018
Interested candidates should:
Email or fax a cover letter, up-to-date resume and transcripts by November 30, 2018 to HRHelpDesk@ded.mo.gov or (573) 522-9814.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; and, three or more years of professional experience in research and analysis, program or policy development, and/or management analysis, grant management, budget/fiscal analysis, or a closely related area.
- Additional qualifying experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required education.
- 24 earned graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in Planning, Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Recreation, Engineering, Architecture, Journalism, or a closely related area may substitute for one year of the required experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform economic impact analyses for fiscal benefit/cost estimates using modeling software and demonstrating knowledge of economic principles.
- Produce economic and industry research products such as economic indicators, industry trends, and impact analysis
- Write information briefs and reports using strong narrative, graphic, and analytical skills to clearly communicate research findings.
- Provide advanced technical and planning assistance for Department ad hoc requests.
- Ability to demonstrate regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research methodology and analysis
- Knowledge of data analysis software and database management tools
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of data collection and statistics
- Knowledge of economic impact models and GIS desirable
- Teamwork, adaptability and effective working relationships
- Presentation skills
- Self direction
- Strategic thinking and planning