JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.—The Missouri Department of Economic Development (DED) today announced it has approved five communities with awards totaling $1,239,571 in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds in the community facilities competition. Grant awards include:
- City of Steele was approved for $250,000 (Fire Station)
- City of Fair Grove was approved for $250,000 (Senior Center)
- City of Weaubleau was approved for $246,120 (Community Center)
- City of Brandsville was approved for $250,000 (Fire Station)
- City of Steelville was approved for $243,451 (City Hall ADA improvements)
The CDBG program, administered by the Missouri Department of Economic Development, provides grants and loan funds to cities with a population under 50,000 and counties under 200,000 to assist in a variety of public works and economic development projects.
For other community development programs, visit ded.mo.gov.