Missouri has nearly 2.9 million jobs in non-farm employment. Employment reached all-time highs earlier this year with sectors like Manufacturing and Professional, Scientific and Professional Services beating the national growth rate in March by 0.8% and 1.6%, respectively.
What You Need To Know | March Jobs Report
Unemployment Remains Low
• Missouri’s March unemployment rate was 3.3% compared to the U.S. rate of 3.8% seasonally adjusted.
• The estimated number of unemployed Missourians in March was 101,737.
Missouri Employment is Up
• Non-farm employment increased by an estimated 4,700 jobs this month, bringing the seasonally adjusted jobs estimate to 2,897,400.
• Over the past year, payroll employment has grown by 10,300 jobs.
Employment Gains By Industry Over the Past Year
• Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (+7,900 jobs, up 4.9%)
• Manufacturing (+6,400 jobs, up 2.4%)
• Health care and Social Assistance (+8,000 jobs, up 1.9%)
• Accommodation and Food Services (+4,600 jobs, up 1.7%)
To view the full labor report, click here.