Missouri's Low-Cost Business Climate and Incentives Help You Build Your Business
The Missouri Advantage stems partly from the low operating costs that give manufacturers in Missouri a greater return on investment. Because of the Missouri Advantage, Missouri is among the top 10 pro-business states according to Pollina Corporate Real Estate (2011) and was ranked 6th best for entrepreneurial activity by the Kauffman Foundation. Instead, Missouri is one of only nine states with an AAA from all three ratings agencies and has maintained a AAA bond rating for over 50 years.
- Missouri has the 5th best corporate income tax rate index according to the Tax Foundation.
- Lower industrial electricity rate than the national average.
- Top 10 pro-business state for 5 consecutive years in a row.
- Missouri is committed to the advanced manufacturing industry and offers numerous tax and financing incentive programs.
- Missouri has sales/use tax exemptions on machinery and equipment used to establish a new or expand an existing facility.
- Ranked #1 for Best State for Banking, 2014
Missouri's Tax Climate Increases Your Return on Investment
During the last three decades, one key factor in keeping the cost of doing business in Missouri low has been our ability to ensure that our tax burden is as small as possible. Missouri’s low tax burden continues to be a key factor in helping Missouri businesses grow.
|State Business Tax Climate Index Rankings 2012|
|Source: Tax Foundation's State Business Tax Climate Index|
|State||Overall Rank||Corporate Tax Rank||Individual Income Tax Rank||Sales Tax Rank||Unemployment Insurance Tax Rank||Property Tax Rank|