The CY2016 YOP application cycle is now open! Applications are accepted on an open cycle and are evaluated on a first come, first reviewed basis. Applications will be accepted until tax credits run out or until August 31, 2016, whichever comes first. Contact YOP staff for assistance with the application process.
New to YOP this year:
- New capital campaign requirements
- Resilience as a priority for YOP
- Application narrative length
To broaden and strengthen opportunities for positive development and participation in community life for youth, and to discourage such persons from engaging in criminal and violent behavior.
Sections 135.460 and 620.1100 to 620.1103, RSMo
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Faith-based Organizations*
- Local Governments
- Missouri Businesses
- Public or Private Entities
*Schools and faith-based organizations must meet certain criteria.
Tax credits are allocated to organizations administering positive youth development or crime prevention projects that have been approved through the application process. Approved organizations secure contributions from their community, and the contributor receives tax credits for those contributions. There are 50% tax credits for monetary contributions and wages paid to youth in an approved internship, apprenticeship or employment project, and 30% tax credits for property or equipment contributions used specifically for the project.
Eligible Projects include:
- Degree Completion
- Youth Clubs/Associations
- Mentor/Role Model
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Violence Prevention
- Youth Activity Centers
- Conflict Resolution
PROGRAM BENEFITS/ELIGIBLE USES:
This tax credit can be applied to:
- Ch. 143 – Income tax, excluding withholding tax
- Ch. 147 – Corporate franchise tax
- Ch. 148 –
- Bank Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax
- Other Financial Institution Tax
- Ch. 153 – Express Companies Tax
This credit’s special attribute:
- The Youth Opportunities Program has up to $6 million in tax credits to award annually.
- Each project is limited to $250,000 in tax credits.
- Each contributor is limited to $200,000 in tax credits annually.
Your 2014 YOP application will be accepted until tax credits have been exhausted or August 31, 2014, whichever comes first.
Quarterly reports, final report and final audit for projects using $25,000 or more in tax credits.
Missouri Department of Economic Development
Division of Business and Community Services
Finance Management Team
301 West High Street, Room 770
P.O. Box 118
Phone: (573) 751-4539
Fax: (573) 522-4322